Christmas is the season of giving, soooooo…we’re giving away copies of Good Pictures Bad Pictures! We hope you will, too. (See below to enter into our BOOK GIVEAWAY!)
I know many of you have already benefited from the book Good Pictures Bad Pictures. You’ve used it to fortify your own children’s minds with the CAN DO Plan™.
Will you help another family to protect their young kids against the dangers of pornography? When you share the book Good Pictures Bad Pictures, you share the peace of mind that parents feel when their kids are protected with an internal filter. You share the gift of a healthy mind.
A therapist explains the risks of pornography:
“As a psychologist and mother of 4, I can’t recommend this book highly enough. Pornography is a fast-track to depression, anxiety, and unhealthy relationships between males and females, Parents need to understand that their kids are being exposed to porn at a younger age than they realize.” (Amazon review by Mary, October 18, 2016)
There is no downside to empowering kids against a force which is ruining lives and destroying marriages everyday. (See details about our giveaway below!)
Good Pictures Bad Pictures empowers kids in 5 wonderful ways
All of these are crucial to developing a healthy mind. And every parent should use them. Good Pictures Bad Pictures:
- Defines pornography in an age appropriate way, allowing kids to recognize it and immediately know what to do to protect their young minds. (It’s even “safe” to use with kids before they learn about sexuality–we intentionally left out the word “sex” so that younger kids can be protected as well.)
- Gives kids an action plan, the CAN DO Plan™, to use when they’re exposed. The CAN DO Plan™ neutralizes the effect of pornography and teaches a child to talk to a parent or trusted adult right away, reducing shame and eliminating secrecy.
- Gives kids power over porn by teaching them how their brain reacts to seeing it. Kids learn how to keep their thinking brain in charge so pornography can’t hijack their feeling brain.
- Inoculates kids against addictions of all kinds. Although Good Pictures Bad Pictures focuses on pornography addiction, children learn that the process of addiction is similar no matter what the addiction–drugs, alcohol, video games, gambling, tobacco.
- Unifies the family to fight the dangers of pornography together. My favorite illustration of the entire book is the family at the end, holding up signs with encouraging messages: “You CAN DO it! We’re PROUD of you! U R the Boss! No Porn!” When families come together to openly fight the harms of pornography, kids are safer from its grasp.
Millions of children need this resource, but let’s start with the kids you know: your children, your grandchildren, your neighbor’s children, the children of families who attend your place of worship or your local school. How can you introduce Good Pictures Bad Pictures to them?
- Purchase a copy to give to another family, and then encourage them to pay it forward!
- Share this blog post on social media, with your email list or with your local pastor or school principal.
- Make sure your local library has copies–most libraries will purchase Good Pictures Bad Pictures if you request it.
This is a movement! And it’s gaining momentum! Play an active part by sharing this parenting tool and you’ll never regret giving kids the gift of a healthy mind.
Parents love it, and so do kids!
Amazon reviews tell it all! 400 reviews (and counting!) with a 95% 5-star rating! Read a few of the most recent reviews:
“Seriously I can’t recommend this book enough. I just read it today with my kids during school and it led to one of the most open and honest conversations we’ve had.”
“A beautiful way to get this conversation going. I offer classes for parents to help them… [talk] to their kids about sexuality, with an emphasis on porn. This has been such a great tool… It’s like the perfect answer to an anxiety filled question: “How do I talk to my children about this without just making them more curious?!”
“Completely appropriate for young children even if you haven’t the birds and bees talk.”
“This is a MUST have book for all parents, whether you have boys or girls. So well written that all of my siblings have borrowed it from me to read with their kids.”
“Talking to your children about porn doesn’t have to be embarrassing and awkward. We used this book with our 13, 9, 7, and 5 year old children to teach them about the dangers of pornography. It was a great experience. The kids asked a ton of great questions, most of which were covered in the book. …Highly recommend!”
Good Pictures Bad Pictures is spreading internationally!
- It’s available in Spanish–check out Imagenes buenas, imagenes malas.
- The German translation is coming soon.
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures will soon be available in Australia, New Zealand and China!
- Representatives from other countries in Eastern Europe, South America, Italy and Israel have contacted me.
- I’ve even received a licensing offer from a large publisher in Saudi Arabia!
This is a worldwide movement and we want you to join it. It’s as easy as sharing Good Pictures Bad Pictures with one other family. Thank you for your support! Together, we CAN empower today’s kids!
Good Pictures Bad Pictures Giveaway!
The Giveaway is now closed as of 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time Wednesday December 14, 2016. A big thank you to all who entered!
In the spirit of GIVING, we’re giving away 10 signed copies of Good Pictures Bad Pictures! We’ll also include a Protect Young Minds Magic Screen Cleaner for your phone or tablet!
- Simply fill in the form below, and
- Tell us why you think Good Pictures Bad Pictures can help kids grow up with healthy minds.
We’ll pick the winners next Wednesday morning at 9 a.m. Pacific Time, so watch your inboxes! We will also welcome you into our Protect Young Minds community by adding you to our email list.
Giveaway entrants must be residents of the continental United States.
To share the spirit of giving, SHARE this post on Facebook or email it to your friends and family.
Make sure you type in “BOOK GIVEAWAY” in the Subject line. Thank you!